How to play Backgammon?
I have a table you can open, and inside you can find a game of backgammon. I really learn to play backgammon. Can anyone give me the “rules” original, because I know there are many ways to play this game.
Posted by: me
Sure, here are the basic rules of backgammon:
- Each player starts with 15 checkers in their color (white or black) and a board consisting of 24 triangles or points.
- The checkers are placed on the board according to a specific setup. Each player’s home board is the quarter of the board closest to them, and they start with two checkers on their opponent’s home board, five checkers on their own 6-point, three checkers on their 8-point, and five checkers on their 13-point.
- Players take turns rolling two dice to move their checkers. The numbers rolled on the dice determine how many points the player can move their checkers. For example, if a player rolls a 3 and a 4, they can move one checker three points and another checker four points.
- Checkers can only be moved to an open point (one that is not occupied by two or more opposing checkers) or to a point occupied by one of their own checkers. If a player rolls a double, they can move each checker the number of points on the dice twice.
- If a player lands on a point occupied by only one opposing checker, they can “hit” that checker and move it to the bar, a special area in the middle of the board. The hit checker must then be moved back to the opponent’s home board before the opponent can move any other checkers.
- The goal of the game is to move all of your checkers around the board and bear them off before your opponent does the same. A player can start bearing off their checkers once all of them have made it to their home board.
- The first player to bear off all of their checkers wins the game. If the losing player has not borne off any checkers, the winner scores a gammon (two points) and if the losing player still has checkers in their opponent’s home board or on the bar, the winner scores a backgammon (three points).
These are just the basic rules of backgammon, and there are many additional strategies and variations to learn as you play more.